seeking freedom

"There is only one good definition of God: the freedom that allows other freedoms to exist." John Fowles

Monday, June 27, 2005

"Little Women"


Today I watched this film for -nearly- the third time. Watching it reminded me of some discovery that I tend to forget: I cannot have the love that I used to imagine; my imagination is based on movies and these are made to be perfect and to be enjoyed, but reality -especially our reality, in terms of time and epoch- is something different. Love is not that important anymore. So, I acquired a little insight about something else: perhaps all this fuss of Modernism and Post-Modernism was about an age where people realized that love is not really the ultimate meaning in this world. The only problem is that they did not want to believe that and kept rejecting their time longing for the dead, past one.

3 Comments:

  • At 6/27/2005 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Let me tell you this I am one of the people whom Louisa May Alcott"the author of Little Women" almost structured their character...and I think what u r talking about here is merely an ongoing romantic relation between a guy & a girl...I agree with you that love is not the ultimate meaning in this world, but still it is one great element...and believe me, don't try to give it up, 3ashan life is ugly without it, I know it is sometimes awful when it exists, bas still, it is one of the main components of human feelings...

     
  • At 7/16/2005 2:09 AM, Blogger freedom said…

    برنامج مدونات
    العدد الثاني
    الكلام عن :
    الأحزاب السياسية المعارضة
    والحركات الشعبية المعارضة
    هل ممكن تنضم لأحدهم
    ولو لأ طب ليه
    وايه البديل من وجهة نظرك؟
    مشاركتكم بكل حرية
    هتذاع على
    مدونات
    الشباب والرياضة
    السبت والثلاثاء
    العاشرةوالنصف مساءا
    ارسل مشاركتك مع اسمك أو اسم المدونة على :
    modawanat@yahoo.com

     
  • At 8/04/2005 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    موضوع إختلاف الحب الحقيقي عن حب السيما والتليفزيون دا موجود في العالم كله - يعني العيب مش في شباب مصر بس

    ودا سبب ارتفاع نسبة الطلاق في العالم (ومن ضمن أسباب العنوسة في مصر) - لإن جوليت بتدور على روميو

    بس المشكلة إن روميو عاوز ياكل، وعاوز يلبس هدوم نضيفة مكوية، وجولييت عاوزة تخرج وتتفسح وتروح السيما وتتفرج على حفلات عمور دياب وكل ده عاوز فلوس -

    نهاية الحلم وبداية الحقيقة الواقعية المرة...

    ممكن الهروب بالطلاق والبحث عن روميو2 وطالما مشينا في السكة إيه المانع من 3 و4 و5 وس من الروميوهات...

    آسف إذا كان كلامي كسر الخط الجميل اللي كنت ماشية بيه - بس الحقيقة لا تراعي ظروف أي حد

     

Post a Comment

<< Home